Yes!

What you should do is loop thru the multiple entries, and do a db
insert for each entry.

If you continue in the current direction (non-atomic) you will create a
nightmare --

Just consider what you (and the db engine) will need to do to find
records in the db:

  -- All cassettes with an issue date between Jan o3 and Jun 03

-- display all cassettes in alphabetic order by title

If you are going to save a structure, you might as well save it in a
text file -- an rdbms won't offer much advantage.

Dick