From: Dick Applebaum [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 20 October 2004 9:27
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CF developer numbers

Yes,  "Times, they are a'changing".

When I first discovered CF (circa 1998) I could earn  $10,000 for a typical
1-month project (the same project for the same $ took 3 months in Perl)/

There was lots of business around and I was able to get all the jobs I
wanted.

But, one of the problems with a system like CF is that it makes developing
web sites so much easier and so, appeals to many developers of all levels of
expertise.

Of course this increases competition.

I don't have a solution, but I think the life of a contract CF programmer
has moved on ...

...to survive, we must adapt!