I am using setDomainCookies because the SSL portion of the site
requires the 'www' prefix. I will try it with that turned off, though,
thanks.

Incidentally, I'm stuck using regular CF session variables for now,
and my current cfapplication tag is:

<cfapplication name="siteName" sessionmanagement="yes"
    sessiontimeout="#CreateTimeSpan(0,0,30,0)#"
    clientmanagement="false" setclientcookies="false" setdomaincookies="true" />

I'm trying different combinations to find one that works. I don't want
to manually tack on CFID and CFTOKEN to every URL, especially since
setting setclientcookies='false' still appends them to the URL when
clicking a link that goes to the SSL site or on a cflocation tag - in
fact, the problem seems to be heavily centered around the cflocation
tags. I have addToken='false' and when one is executed, even with
CFID/CFTOKEN in the URL, the client is handed a NEW CFID/CFTOKEN, thus
losing their old session.