Thanks for the tip, but I'm afraid that wasn't it either (though
that's good to know for the future!)

I'm at the point now where the machines that lose session info are
losing it immediately after it's set! In other words, if I add an item
to a shopping cart, as soon as the user clicks off the View Cart page,
the session is gone. Yet, my workstation (and several others around
the office) don't have this problem. I checked to see if cookies were
enabled (they are) and I've tried several combinations of
cfapplication tag properties.

This whole thing has me baffled. I know I shouldn't be mucking around
this much just to get session management working properly.