From: Sean Corfield [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 3:09 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: John Dowdell Wants to Know What's Wrong with Macromedia

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:10:31 -0500, Calvin Ward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1) Dreamweaver's file panel is difficult to navigate because the files and
> the folders are all nested together in a very small area.

Yes. Same with Eclipse although CFE has a File Explorer that mimics HS.

http://www.macromedia.com/go/wish - submit an enhancement request
http://www.macromedia.com/go/beta - apply to join the next DW beta,
whenever that is

> 2) Combined with (1), is the interesting choice of not showing the full
file
> path in the title bar, or somewhere.

Yup, very annoying, agreed.

http://www.macromedia.com/go/wish - submit an enhancement request
http://www.macromedia.com/go/beta - apply to join the next DW beta,
whenever that is

> 3) Having 2 file/site panels is a very nice feature. Keep in mind HomeSite
> has 1 Project and 2 File panels!

http://www.macromedia.com/go/wish - submit an enhancement request
http://www.macromedia.com/go/beta - apply to join the next DW beta,
whenever that is

> 4) Lack of support for Source Control systems, HomeSite supports VSS, CVS,

There are extensions for these for DW. I don't know how well they
work. It's also a long-standing enhancement request so...

http://www.macromedia.com/go/wish - submit an enhancement request
http://www.macromedia.com/go/beta - apply to join the next DW beta,
whenever that is

> 5) Rigid customizability. HomeSite let you add icon groups, remove them,
add
> icons, re-arrange, etc. DW gives you Favorites area to do that in, and
> that's it.

Hmm, well, extensions let you do a *lot* to the DW UI and in fact DW
is infinitely more customizable than HS. However, I take your point
about simple, point'n'click editing of certain UI elements so...

http://www.macromedia.com/go/wish - submit an enhancement request
http://www.macromedia.com/go/beta - apply to join the next DW beta,
whenever that is

> 6) The HomeSite query builder was pretty decent to work in, put something
> like that in.

http://www.macromedia.com/go/wish - submit an enhancement request
http://www.macromedia.com/go/beta - apply to join the next DW beta,
whenever that is

> 7) Interactive debugging! That's really going to be more useful in the age
> of OO with CF.

OK, this really has nothing to do with DW and everything to do with
CFMX. CFMX does not support debugging right now.

http://www.macromedia.com/go/wish - submit an enhancement request for CF

> 8) I miss the tree view that was in HomeSite (and also was in DW until MX
> think)

Tree view?

http://www.macromedia.com/go/wish - submit an enhancement request
http://www.macromedia.com/go/beta - apply to join the next DW beta,
whenever that is

> 9) There's a number little annoying things missing, such as convert tags
> lowercase, a code sweeper/source formatting that understand comments and
> 'middle' tags (cfelse), go to end of tag hotkey, code collapse and so
forth.

http://www.macromedia.com/go/wish - submit an enhancement request
http://www.macromedia.com/go/beta - apply to join the next DW beta,
whenever that is