" Really? I think they're more focused than I can ever remember them
being. As
much as I like CF, it's not their best or most important product. There
are
alternatives to CF that aren't that bad. The thing that Macromedia has
that
no one else has is Flash. There's nothing else like it right now, and
it's
the sensible focus of their business. All of their new server products
take
advantage of it, giving them product synergy like they've never had
before."

And that product synergy isn't the right way I think. It is like they
are building products around Flash, and it is something they should not
do with ColdFusion. It started with cfgraph. Yes that was a good
functionality, but now .. it is expanding to flash forms, and
flashpaper? .. It is just a personal opinion, but I don't see myself
ever using flash forms. The PDF export is very good, that is one of the
features people want from the product for years, as well as reporting
features, and source codeless deployment.

MM should be careful, not focusing to much on Flash. Focus on the core
product. I do like Flash, but Flash has it's own territory, and fully
Flashed websites don't work, Macromedia already showed it with their
first Macromedia website, and still people complain about the Flash
based tag exchange.

Micha Schopman
Software Engineer

Modern Media, Databankweg 12 M, 3821 AL  Amersfoort
Tel 033-4535377, Fax 033-4535388
KvK Amersfoort 39081679, Rabo 39.48.05.380