For personal dev, I always install using the built-in server. Have you tried
that?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Kear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 23 February 2005 6:36
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: [cfaussie] Re: Problems installing CFMX 7

I'm continuing with this farce ...

Now i've deleted it all again, using uninstall, then deleted the folders
that were left over because even after a simple install, the uninstall can't
clean up after itself. (I really think Macromedia ought to look for another
install engine - this one doesn't do much of a job of wrapping up all the
files,  closing down apps it doesnt like on the target machine and install
in a way it can delete properly. )

Now when I close down my anti-virus app, and turn off the firewall,  I
reinstall CF7.

Whoah.  Excitement!     But nothing different.   It appears to install
correctly, I let it have whatever defaults it wants,  followed all the
instructions the installer gave me, but no change.    Still wants to
download any .cfm file instead of execute it.

I can't use IIS to enable .CFM files to be executed like .htm files becuase
there is no coldfusion executable for it to associate with the ..cfm files.

So does anyone else have any other suggestions?

(This is the reason I dont participate in beta tests - I can't afford to
have my business closed down for all this time.  I have had no development
facility in my shop now for 2 days.)

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:19:18 -0000, Nick de Voil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a similar problem, though I arrived at it a different way.
>
> IIS 5 on Windows XP. CF running in J2EE mode on top of JRun4.
>
> Befor installing CF7 I decided to re-install JRun. That went fine. I
> downloaded the J2EE version of CF 7 & installed the "cfusion" server
> in JRun. That's also fine. I can run CF apps and JSPs/servlets via the
> JRun web server with no problem. Also, IIS is serving HTML, ASP and
> Perl with no problems.

[snip]