I've always thought, "Remove ALL obstacles". Registering is an obstacle in my
mind. You are setting up a hurdle in front of the customer. Why do that? Why
not remove all hurdles?

If I want to browse, toy with the idea of buying a product from a site that
makes me register, when I click checkout, it says whoops, create an account to
checkout. I'm sorry, I'm abandoning. That's just me though. Apparently from
some of these studies, it's NOT just me. It's lots of others as well.

My final thought - No registering because registering is an obstacle, and those
are precisely what I'm trying to avoid giving my clients'customers.

Will