I disagree, in the least because the job opportunities for C, C++, C#
and Java are much and much larger than those for CF developers.

Second, with C# or Java you learn to work with true OOP in a much more
advanced environment then CF will ever be. If you for example look at
protection levels for every action you take, it will force you to think
about the architecture of your application in a way CF will probably
never reach.

Even then, I don't know how this is in the US, but here university level
schools don't really focus on the programming languages, but they focus
more on managing a software creation process, writing technical and
functional documentation, diagrams, architectures, release management,
and then there comes programming.

It is nice if students can get a copy of CF cheaper with a school
license, but to let schools teach CF, rather not. Every Java developer
can program CF, not every CF programmer can do Java.

Micha Schopman
Project Manager

Modern Media, Databankweg 12 M, 3821 AL  Amersfoort
Tel 033-4535377, Fax 033-4535388
KvK Amersfoort 39081679, Rabo 39.48.05.380