>That might be true of less established, more exposed, non-quoted
>companies, but
>not the Allaires of this world. CF has been compared to ASP for
>along time, and
>CF goes from strength to strength on merit.

but we're talking about stock prices and Internet investors, not
product merits.

>The scenario you overlook is that if M$ targets a company with critical mass,
>like Hotmail and many others, it becomes acquisition target - that is a much
>more likely scenario for Allaire IMO.

nah, MS has committed to XML/XSL for 2 years and are championing
SOAP.  Too much overlap with CFML.   They don't need to buy Allaire,
whose installed base and showcase design wins are smaller than MS's
own with ASP.

Len