From: Chase Seibert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 29 June 2005 15:35
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CF7 - 16 character limit on SQL passwords

Thanks for the good suggestion. I did indeed install the Microsoft JDBC
driver, using the instructions at:

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?event=view&id=KC.t
n_18652&extid=tn_18652&dialogID=48544472&iterationID=1&sessionID=48303fb989f
57d426352&stateID=0+0+11018907&mode=advanced

However, this did not solve my issue. ColdFusion appears to be truncating
the password at 16 characters before it passes is to JDBC, regardless of the
driver used. When I configure this new driver to use the sa
username/password (which is under 16 chars), it works great. When I change
just the username and password to our regular login (bullhorn1), I get a
"Login failed error". It's not saying the password is too long, or that JDBC
is rejecting the password due to length, it's saying login failed. This
leads to the assumption on my part that CF is truncating or otherwise
altering the password before it hands it off to the driver.

Here is the exact error:
This e-mail is from Reed Exhibitions (Oriel House, 26 The Quadrant,
Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1DL, United Kingdom), a division of Reed Business,
Registered in England, Number 678540.  It contains information which is
confidential and may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note
that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have
received this communication in error please return it to the sender or call
our switchboard on +44 (0) 20 89107910.  The opinions expressed within this
communication are not necessarily those expressed by Reed Exhibitions.
Visit our website at http://www.reedexpo.com