Hey Ian,
Good point.. you got me there.  I'm guessing it probably has something
to do with OO practices and that objects are for data and logic and then
something else displays the information.

On the flip side, they do provide a mechanism for passing variables in
that could be displayed... yeah, I'm not sure about why not.

A quick search on google came up with this:

http://mkruger.cfwebtools.com/index.cfm/2005/12/20/cfc.debug

I'm trying to find the CFDJ article they mentioned..

Mike