> Not trying to fire off a crazy debate but this seems like a fantastic
> editor... it's got all of the keystore shortcuts I need to be really
> productive. However, this editor is 3 years old. Any reason I
> should use
> some other tool? Opinions?

I've read all the other posts, and the only thing I'll add is some
insight on HS's future.  Before I get to that, I'll say that I'm a CFE
user, mainly because I can use it to also edit XML, Perl, CSS, and just
about anything else I'll need in the future.  Having everything in one
IDE is just awesome!

Last year at CFUnited I asked Ben Forta about Macromedia's plans for
HomeSite.  He said they will continue to support it with language
upgrades, when new versions of CF come out, but they won't continue to
put out feature releases.  I have to give the caveat that I don't
believe Ben was speaking for Macromedia, and also Adobe is now in
charge.  But I have no reason not to think the above statement is still
true, considering all the resources Adobe is putting into CFE (also,
Flex is now an Eclipsed based IDE).  That said, I don't see why you
couldn't stay with HS for a long time, if you so desire.  At least until
CFE and/or DW come out with some must have features that you don't get
with HS.  Personally, CFE already has that must have feature, just by
being an Eclipse plugin.  :)

[INFO] -- Access Manager:
This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the
distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any
reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in
error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its
entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.  Thank you.   A2