From: John Beynon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 2:03 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Microsoft Virtual PC / Should I be interested, or not?

it's a case of installing VIrtual PC/Server - creating a virtual machine, it
setting max ram, disk sizes etc - turning the machine on and watching it
POST then capture the physical CD drive and press any key to boot the CD
then just treat it like a normal computer.

As for using virtual machines in production i know several LARGE uk corps
use virtualisation - complete portability of images independent of physical
hardware is worth it to them!

jb

On 7/14/06, Robertson-Ravo, Neil (RX)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So,
>
> What are the steps to setup a VM image/session?

> "This e-mail is from Reed Exhibitions (Oriel House, 26 The Quadrant,
> Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1DL, United Kingdom), a division of Reed
> Business, Registered in England, Number 678540.  It contains
> information which is confidential and may also be privileged.  It is
> for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).  If you are not
> the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution,
> copying or use of this communication or the information in it is
> strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
> communication in error please return it to the sender or call our
> switchboard on +44 (0) 20 89107910.  The opinions expressed within this
communication are not necessarily those expressed by Reed Exhibitions."