Why not just throw links to .cfm pages in the .html pages?

Maybe use an img tag, an example of which just came through the list
recently?

Seriously, you'll run into all kinds of funky stuff, (I'm guessing, maybe
your
HTML is different than most) like as was mentioned, #'s (usually colors, but
also styles, etc..) which will require at least a search and replace anyway,
it might be easier to just add one tag to all the .html files than to edit
all the .html files to be valid .cfml files....

Maybe.  Anyways, an idea, maybe one that would work...
:D