This CF vs. .Net presentation mailing thread has been in active contribution
most of the past week.  I have seen heated debates and acknowledgements on
both sides.

In essence, what is the result for this thread?  Are people trying to argue
that one technology is a silver bullet for a solution over the other?  This
seems rather fruitless in the end.

Whether you are an advanced user or a beginning user, there should be an
emphasis on growth.   You are only as valuable as your ability to adapt and
problem solve.  It behooves any developer to expand his/her knowledge on
various technologies.

The more solution sets that you can become familiar with, the more that you
can truly evaluate a solution for the best course of action.  If a client
said, "I have a purely Microsoft environment," then it would make sense to
offer a Microsoft solution now wouldn't it?  If you have diverse network
environment, you will want a a diverse solution.  You can offer a BlueDragon
solution and/or an Adobe solution.

Even if you are a salary employee, you should always be thinking that you
are a paid consultant.  Think objectively and find the best course of
action.  If you can seperate your bias and use your objectivity, you may
find avenues that were not there before.

Do not fear change, embrace it.  This goes for a CF and a .Net developer.
Let's stop pointing out differences and point out how we can work together
or how similar we actually are.

Enough cliches for one post.

Have a good weekend all,
Teddy