Like i have said before....

There are a lot of "graphic deigners" who convert to developers out there and
they seem to all think it will cost them over $2000 just to use cfm on their
puters so they go with php and I see this almost on a daily basis. And like
others have said, for the majority of people who use cf, php, asp, .net, ruby,
etc..... they are on a shared server so cost isnt a concern but these people
just dont know and/or understand that, which is were Adobe needs to step in and
make it known. Hell, they have the whole design world by the balls so they
should be pounding this into them.

Would also be cool if Adobe would release cfmx standard as a free server so
that it could easily power the majority of users sites and be able to compete
with php easily. Seeing how all these designer students are taught php Adobe
could change that literaly overnight. While having a bunch of "designers" in
the mix would be a PITA at least it would get them started and some may become
good developers (especially when they get to the real world and see that they
may only get $15 an hour for designer gigs and they could be making 3-4 times
that as a coder). And then of course charge for cfmx enterprise for the big
boys who need the extra features which wouldnt affect them at all.

and to the ****** who said people dont use forums.....
what world do u live in?, half the damn net is forums....
people just dont use your forums ;)~

actually, this might be a more accurate statement:

people use forums, developers use lists.

and then to BlueDragon:
Last I heard they had a free version, but very limited, so i wouldnt concider
that an option.

BlueDragon could be a good thing but.....
I have talked about this a lot with people in our user groups and in general
and there seem to be a lot of people who just wont even try bd based off the
fact that Vince is just such an ass and comes across as a shark, im an ass to
but i dont have a big product out there that i need to put a good front on for.
Now if Charlie A woulda been runnin the show it would be a different story. I
personaly like how Vinces blogs are always point to discussions on seans blog
and noone posts to vinces, that should tell you something Vince. If i was you I
would get a good image person to be the face of bd and you might see things
pick up and also do what i had mentioned earlier with the free version being
the standard version.