From: Dan G. Switzer, II [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 9:09 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CF and Legacy Systems... Need Some Advice/Help

Che,

While it could be done, using FTP is going to be extremely sluggish--unless
you can manage to keep the FTP session open all day.

If you have to log in for each request, you're going to end up adding a good
second or two to the entire process just for the FTP authentication
operations. That's going to seem like forever to a customer on their
website.

If the client insists on FTP, I'd probably look into writing/finding an
application that would monitor a specific folder and push any new files to
the FTP server--something that would run as a service and would maintain the
FTP session.

That way you'd simply write a file to one folder, it would be pushed to the
SCO server and then when it's done it would push a result back to another
folder on your server.

It still might be too sluggish, but it would seem like the best method for
managing this problem.

-Dan