Dan, this is great to know. And since we have no plans to move to a *nix
environment, that's all the more reason to not use FTP.

Thanks, Ché

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan G. Switzer, II [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 10:27 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CF and Legacy Systems... Need Some Advice/Help

Che,

>Dan, the server will be on Windows. I'm basically using everyone's
>replies as a vote for how this should be handled. I don't want to
>re-invent the wheel and that is why I have my doubts with doing this
>via FTP.

Unix definitely handles FTP operations much more efficiently than Windows.
On a project that I once worked on, we need to FTP new images to a server
every second (this was for a traffic camera application.)

We could never find a Windows FTP server that could keep up w/the FTP
operations, on the other hand our Unix server had no issues keeping up w/the
stream of images.

-Dan