Running anything in VM on the whole will be unsupported. Certainly
ColdFusion will not be officially supported in it.

We have several ESX environments / networks which host ColdFusion and they
all run fine

The best thing I can see about VM is licensing, you theoretically would only
need to buy one ColdFusion license (depending on box) and you could deloy it
across large numbers of VMs whereas a physical machine would require more.

In all reality, unsupported aside, you should see no difference in the way
ColdFusion runs or presents itself.

"This e-mail is from Reed Exhibitions (Gateway House, 28 The Quadrant,
Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1DN, United Kingdom), a division of Reed Business,
Registered in England, Number 678540.  It contains information which is
confidential and may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note
that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have
received this communication in error please return it to the sender or call
our switchboard on +44 (0) 20 89107910.  The opinions expressed within this
communication are not necessarily those expressed by Reed Exhibitions."
Visit our website at http://www.reedexpo.com