Dinner wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that the JRun connector does some magic to get the request
> evaluated in the context of the web root, vs. the CF instance-  well, I know
> it does, otherwise there would be a bunch of entries in those config files
> that Jochem talks about, and there isn't.  There are no like,
> "virtual" directories
> for every place HTTPD serves CF content from (which can be anywhere,
> with the JRun connector).

IIRC it works 2 ways. The webserver forwards the request to JRun and
lets JRun do its thing based on the configuration in web.xml (for the
wildcard handler). But the webserver also translates the path according
to its own virtaul directories and sends the translated path along as a
cgi variable (for extensions). That gives JRun another option to figure
out which template to run. (You could really see this with the
'cacherealpath' issue in CF 6 where one CGI variable was translated and
another wasn't.)

But isn't the Apache connector open source? Just examine the source and
settle this for once and for all (or at least until Scorpio).

Jochem