Andrew,

OK, I'm officially confused.  I remember it being nutted out, and the
conclusion being that you *don't* need to lock when writing to a session
variable.  A simple <cfset Session.x = y> can't possibly have a race
condition, right?  It *may* be part of a multistatement operation that
creates a race condition, but in itself, no way.

Jaime Metcher