From: Judah McAuley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 2:49 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Client-side validation or Server-side Validation?

Rick Faircloth wrote:
<snip>
> It's like coding for users of the Opera browser.  If they want to be able
> to have the best experience on my sites, then install IE.
>
> It's just too much work to cater to every minority group in the virtual
> universe.

And this is where I fundamentally disagree. Its really not that
difficult at all. The newer generations of browsers have a large
overlapping set of standards compliance. The largest quirks are fairly
well known and easy to find out information on. The rise of javascript
libraries has done a great job of taking into account the differences
between browsers there. So what's the "too much work" part?

Judah