It can be automated on your form just as easily as any copy of it. If
repeated attempts is your worry, just limit access from a single IP to 1
submission every 1 minute or so.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric J. Hoffman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 12:14 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: defeating offline form posts

Well, an automated process where they create spam accounts into the system?
We could use CAPTCHA maybe, but a lot of users hate that.   I was wondering
if there was a good practice to additionally nail them in advance of captcha
use, but maybe not...?

Eric J. Hoffman
Managing Partner
2081 Industrial Blvd
StillwaterMN55082
mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.ejhassociates.com
tel: 651.717.4105
fax: 651.717.4101
mob: 651.245.2717
Adobe Solutions Partner
Microsoft Certified Partner

[EMAIL PROTECTED] If you are not cf-talk@houseoffusion.com you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify
[EMAIL PROTECTED] immediately by e-mail if you have received this
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail
transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information
could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete,
or contain viruses. Eric J. Hoffman therefore does not accept liability for
any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a
hard-copy version.