> My company is building a prototype for a self-service kiosk that will
> need to read barcodes and communicate with a remote ColdFusion server.
> We were thinking of taking at look at the Flex Barcode Reader that is on
> Adobe Community samples.

I should think any old barcode reader will work fine.  Once the barcode is
read at the kiosk, it will just be sending regular data across the network
to CF.  If the Flex one is easy to use/configure then it should work fine.

I presume since you are looking at Flex this will be a web app that the user
is interacting with?  Maybe this would be a good app to use AIR or something
desktop oriented?

-- Josh