From: Josh Nathanson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:04 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Flex barcode reader

> My company is building a prototype for a self-service kiosk that will
> need to read barcodes and communicate with a remote ColdFusion server.
> We were thinking of taking at look at the Flex Barcode Reader that is
> on Adobe Community samples.

I should think any old barcode reader will work fine.  Once the barcode
is read at the kiosk, it will just be sending regular data across the
network to CF.  If the Flex one is easy to use/configure then it should
work fine.

I presume since you are looking at Flex this will be a web app that the
user is interacting with?  Maybe this would be a good app to use AIR or
something desktop oriented?

-- Josh