Al Musella, DPM wrote:
>   No - I am not sure about any of this:)
>    Most of the time I have no problem, then all of a sudden an ISP
> will block all of my mail for a few days until I call them and ask to
> be removed from their blacklist.   These messages are medical related
> newsletters that people opt into. Never sent unsolicited.
>    One tech at prodigy told me I was blacklisted because the reverse
> dns didn't match up with the domain name used. He specifically said
> that the messages came from my .100, whose reverse DNS is not the
> domain name on the FROM field.

Did he say the reverse DNS didn't match the from or that it didn't match
the EHLO?

Can you send an email directly to me from CF? I'll dissect the headers
and post them back on the list.

>   It doesn't sound right to me.   They did mention I could pay to
> make sure my email gets through. Sounds like they are randomly
> blocking email to extort me?  Does anyone else get seemingly random
> blacklisting?

Depends on what you consider 'seemingly random'. On one hand, I have
never been able to track a listing back to a specific message for a
serious RBL (SpamCop is not a serious RBL). So you might consider that
random.
On the other hand, when I took over the infrastructure architecture role
for our hosting we were not following best practices and were having
blacklist issues. I redesigned the infrastructure, we followed best
practices, the reputation of our IP space improved and our blacklisting
issues went away. So even though issues are not individually traceable,
they do follow a pattern.

Jochem