Update:
-- Have improved query performance substantially;
-- Add additional notes...
-- If we're talking about searching against a specific set of data, say, a
particular
data column in a database's table then, this approach, imho, kicks ass. So,
probably
one could consider to use it against the most important data sets of a web app
provide more value for data search...