Thanks again Dan & Ian for keeping with me here!

Much love for that Steve Brownlee link -- I've been wanting a way to see all
Sessions stored on an application by application basis, and it looks like
that's the object I was looking for
(createObject("java","coldfusion.runtime.SessionTracker"))!

Ian -- Definitely agree with you on the trade-offs.  What I've been
pondering recently is whether I ought to just sidestep the problem caused by
heavy file-reading.  Convert those text files into database records on
upload, and then rely on SQL to do the heavy lifting for me.  Sure, it'll
take a little longer for the upload to process, but after that it would be
relatively smooth sailing.  The files come in to the application, and never
need to be modified or passed out to an external application, so I've got
pretty much free reign on what I do with them.  I think an intial SQL import
on upload, and then SQL SELECTS will make my life (and hopefully the
servers') much easier.

Jonathon