Dale Fraser wrote:

>> I was at a talk recently and Geoff mentioned that they just released a new
> new set of documentation aimed at developers I think. Though I just went to
> find it and got lost.

I have it.  It's barely passable as documentation.  It's what I was
referring to when I said very little documentation was available.  Every
time I have a technical question, I have to post it to one of the Farcry
lists, and nine times out of ten, IF it gets answered, it's answered by
Geoff or one of 2-3 of the truly technical people there.

> it is incredibly poorly written and buggy
>
>> I have found it to be well written and stable.

Here's why I call it buggy... first, it lets you do things you shouldn't
be able to do -- e.g. delete the entire site tree in the Admin area.  If
you do this, then attempt to view the site, it throws an error.  There
are a lot of places where errors get thrown after the user does
something they shouldn't do.  All of this should be trapped, and a lot
of the stuff it's letting you do shouldn't be allowed.

>> Indeed it is, and there is a learning curve, but it is very powerful, thus
> with power comes a learning curve.

I think the learning curve is very steep, and it's made worse by a lack
of real documentation.  Granted the thing IS free, and I'll admit it's
pretty powerful.  But at this point, the shortcomings are outweighing
it's strengths.

Rob