@2-3 "knowledgeable" people>  For such a poor showing in a community, I'd have
not expected FarCry to score within the top 4 in that CFemmy survey, and yet it
did ;).  It's a good community, that does what it can when it can.  Please
don't slam the people there as it does not truly reflect that it is a good
community.

@bugginess, complexity, etc.>  As Geoff has pointed out in the past, the
clients that purchase their service also get training.  He maintains that the
vast majority of all usability issues are best addressed through edification.
Once trained, I believe the term he used was they take to it like fish to
water.  At any rate, it was hashed out in a thread in the groups found here,
http://groups.google.com/group/farcry-dev/browse_thread/thread/046831f02c34119a#e97c9780aba77309.
  Geoff does a much better job of addressing what you brought up.  But to
address a specific point, where a user deleted a site tree with no error
thrown, that's pretty simple to address with permissions from within FarCry.
You'd make a new super admin group, and only give this group access to the home
node.  Then, through training, you'd inform the client that only super admins
can touch this node and the ramifications what deleting this node could cause.
In my opinion, its a very small nit to pick.  I could bring up a command prompt
on my windows machine and, provided I was logged in as admin, delete all of the
non-locked files from my system drive.  Is this the fault of the OS, or does
the failure lie with the user?

The point of this rambling?  I take offense to some of the comments, frankly.
The daemonites have always been willing to help out.  They've been working
extremely hard this past year, to the point where we're seeing two full
releases inside the same year.  Features such as Formtools (let's you add
custom content without having to add edit handlers), improved caching of
objects, new workflow states, flex admin components, an upgraded security, and
a slew of others have been added.  But it still all boils down edification.
And that's part of their bread and butter.  Would you have that taken way from
them?  It's free software, to be sure, but very few people in the community
actually work on the software.  But, this is my opinion, take it as you will.
I just don't feel you're statements really reflect fairly on those involved.

Matthew Williams
Geodesic GraFX
www.geodesicgrafx.com/blog