On Jan 7, 2008 10:09 AM, Claude Schneegans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It was developped in Delphi? .... Yurk! Now I understand.
> But still, its conversion to C, or even Java, would be worth

I looked into that - there's an open source Delphi "compatible" system
that runs on non-Windows systems - but it really doesn't work well and
would still be an enormous amount of work to do the conversion, even
with that system.

As for converting HS to Java, it would be much less work to start with
Eclipse and build the HS features on top of that. Which is essentially
what the CFEclipse project has done - and that's already open source
so anyone can contribute (of course not many CFers actually do
contribute so we all owe Mark Drew a huge debt of gratitude for his
hard work on the project).

FWIW, I hated HomeSite and ColdFusion Studio. I tried them repeatedly
and just couldn't work with them at all.
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

-- Margaret Atwood