Well, I've lurked around here for several of months now and you're finally
discussing a subject about which I have strong feelings.

Homesite and CF Studio are the only tools I've ever used to develop Web
apps. The Studio 5 CFML Wizards are great but should be easier to customize.
The custom buttons for the tool bars are too restrictive (two characters?
Come on!) but otherwise, I love it. It's particularly helpful when trying to
make sense of a JavaScript with the code jammed together in a single line.
(I use "Extended replace" to add a carriage return after the semicolon. It
also works great for changing .css file and datasource names when re-using
templates from other sites.)

I plan to continue using Studio 5 as long as it works on my operating system
even though I have Macromedia Studio MX. DreamWeaver MX came with a tutorial
but what I needed was a cookbook, "There's no time to drain the swamp when
you're up to your sphincter in alligators!", so I never took the two or
three weeks off required to learn it. Maybe someday, if I retire or go out
of business.

BTW, Ben, your "ColdFusion MX - WACK" is never more than a forearm's length
away from me, and bless you for writing it, but it is also in the form of a
tutorial, which makes digging out the moment's essential code a more time
consuming effort than it could be. (See "HTML, XHTML, & CSS, Sixth Edition"
by Elizabeth Castro for a sample of the "cookbook" format to which I refer.)

Sorry to be so wordy but my purpose in posting is pretty simple: Please,
please, please, Adobe, don't take away the best darned tool I've ever owned
for programming new CF apps!

Dave Long,
Owner, Janitor, & Snake Oil Technician
NorthGoods Merchant Services