> The problem with that Dave is that even the Enterprise
> customers won't be able to find developers eventually, if the
> small business and educational use is left behind. We're
> already starting to see this developer shortage and
> eventually companies are going to get tired of having to
> train developers when they can use other platforms and pull
> from a readily-available pool of trained and experienced
> people. I just wonder if there isn't more that we as a
> community can do to pressure Adobe or at least try to make
> them see the error of this approach. Seriously, there is
> simply no way they will be successful long-term targeting
> solely an Enterprise market and that's just going to hurt all
> of us in the end.

The only way you can "pressure" a company is to not buy its products.

And, for what it's worth, targeting the enterprise is what every Java vendor
does - even the open-source ones. You don't see small businesses or
freelancers building J2EE web applications. I wonder how Java's doing?

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Training: Adobe/Google/Paperthin Certified Partners
http://training.figleaf.com/

WebManiacs 2008: the ultimate conference for CF/Flex/AIR developers!
http://www.webmaniacsconference.com/