>The only way you can "pressure" a company is to not buy its products.

I'm not sure that's entirely true. It may be the *best* way, but not the *only*
way. Have we really gotten the word out as a community to Adobe in terms of
what we are seeing and the trends that are happening? Sales numbers alone are
just not going to give the whole picture.

>And, for what it's worth, targeting the enterprise is what every Java vendor
>does - even the open-source ones. You don't see small businesses or
>freelancers building J2EE web applications. I wonder how Java's doing?

The difference is that Java is widely taught in schools, and people know if
they learn it they will have no trouble finding a job....thus, there is hardly
a lack of experienced developers for it. The reverse is true for CF....it is a
rare college that has classes for it, developers don't see it as a technology
worthy of learning or that will help them get a good job, and thus experienced
coders are harder and harder to find. Do you really think enterprises will keep
using CF if the number of developers that know it continue to drop? We're used
to seeing the posts about CF dying, etc. particularly from outside the
community...but we're hearing more and more from inside the community about
problems finding developers, companies having to switch to .NET, etc. due to
lack of experienced coders, and that just is not going to be something that
strictly marketing to the Enterprise is going to fix.