Flex is client side technology. Guess what - the "client" for CF,
which would be you running CF on your own machine, is also free.
Shoot, as it stands, CF is "more" free as you don't have to be a
student to run it on your own machine for nothing.

Now your argument stating that you would only learn it if you could
host it - I'm not sure I'd say thats a common belief - but you have to
pay for PHP hosting as well.

On Feb 7, 2008 12:03 PM, Brad Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On a related note, according to James Ward from Adobe (who visited my
> user group last night) the educational pricing for Flex is free.
>
> I would definitely be in favor of similar educational pricing for CF.  I
> learned CF in college in my spare time, but NOT because of the developer
> edition but rather due to a friend who owned a CF server and let me host
> their for free.  If it hadn't been for that there's no way I would have
> bothered with CF when I couldn't actually use it for real on my personal
> site to experiment with.  I would have probably gone over to Perl or
> PHP.
>
> ~Brad

Raymond Camden, Camden Media

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]