each, or three times. Therefore, it's faster and cleaner."

From: http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=24131&seqNum=3

" Always use cfscript for blocks of variable assignments for values greater
than one. It is significantly faster than cfset.

Example: <cfscript> a=1; b=2; c=3; </cfscript>

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/server_archive/articles/coding_for_performance.h
tml

" pre-MX6.1 there was a performance gain.  Now, if I understand
correctly, it all compiles down to the same java bytecode, so there's
no performance gain to speak of."

http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/thread.cfm/threadid:43908

While it may not be true for CFMX 7 & 8 it was a documented best practice
for CF 5 and back. I've continued to use this method, especially when
declaring multiple variables.

--
Scott Stewart
ColdFusion Developer