> However, I didn't see anything addressing the cache refresh
> after any writes.  I assume you mean I could just have a select query
> set up to run on the same page after a write query, without actually
> outputting any info to refresh the cache?
>
> Would that be correct?

Yes, exactly. You can for instance, put your query into a CFC and just set the
cachewithin to a variable that defaults to some reasonable time for your
application (say, 2 hours). In your normal read operations you can just call
the method to get your dataset leaving the cache time to the default and it
will just pull it from memory. After a write operation you would call the same
method, passing in a setting that will refresh the cache, but you won't
actually do anything with the dataset that is returned.

You basically can do the same thing by saving the query into an application
variable that you overwrite only after a write to the table(s).