Hi, Mary Jo, and thanks for the info!

I checked the cf docs (haven't use cachedWithin before) and
it certainly is easy to use.

However, I didn't see anything addressing the cache refresh
after any writes.  I assume you mean I could just have a select query
set up to run on the same page after a write query, without actually
outputting any info to refresh the cache?

Would that be correct?

Rick

typically
> much heavier on the read versus write side, that's an ideal situation to
> cache the data. You can
> certainly do this in the database, or easily in ColdFusion as well using the
> "cachedwithin"
parameter.
> All you have to do is add some code that will refresh the cache after any
> writes (which is pretty
easy
> to do just by calling the same query with the cachedwithin set to 0). With
> complex queries like
this
> that are retrieving entire sets of data, the performance benefit simply from
> caching it can be
quite