Exactly!

You perfectly understood my concern. If ColdFusion supported dynamic connection
parameter injection or proxy authentication then we can identify the connection
pool users but there is no straightforward solution to this. Through pooling we
are connected through one db user which for security complaince (PCI) we need
to remove this hole while keeping the benefits of pooling. Triggers can help
certainly help us for auditing but again at db level I do not want have the
same user showing up in my logs.