Dave,

That's exactly what I was looking for - proxy authentication. I created a
thread on this forum about this but the reply I got is that ColdFusion does not
natively support this. So, the solution is to either create our own JNDI
datasource using Java. However, I decided to not go this way and instead set
the client identifier prior to executing each query. This should work and
according to my testing it does not inflict a heavy performance degradation.