Dawson, Michael wrote:
> Are you certain that CF can "see" that .cfm file?  Can you actually
> execute it?  Do you have the correct CF mapping that allows it to
> resolve?
>
> mike

Yes I believe that CF can see the file, I can directly browse to it and
it works that way.
http://www.cdpr.ca.gov/errors/404error.cfm

If I put the 404error.htm file that is in the same directory into the
missing template handler, it is found, but the <!-- include virtural...
--> directories do not work, I presume because ColdFusion 4.5 is
processing the file and does not understand them.

And just to be weirder...
If it put an test.cfm file that is in the same directory that just has a
simple string in it it is working.  I'm suspecting it must be something
inside the 404error.cfm file is not working.... but what type of
internal code would cause 404 errors?  I'm using <cfile...> and a custom
tag but I would presume these would throw more then just a basic 404
error if they where not finding the files they reference, wouldn't they?