Andrew Scott wrote:
> Ever heard of IP spoofing? Sure you need to complain about it, but the one
> thing they need to do is track the packets.

IP spoofing is really only a significant problem with UDP. With TCP any
decent ISP will catch spoofs in their egress filters. Even your cheap,
Taiwanese black box NAT router at home will stop spoofing for TCP
because it won't be able to match the NAT state.

You just send your complaints to the abuse department of their ISP and
they will handle it. Or not, but that is really out of your hands.

> But yes start with your IP, give them as much info as they need to do their
> job with. It is then in their hands to contact the authorities to have the
> individual charged.

You want to charge somebody because his computer is infected with a trojan?

> Which leaves me to something I have stated before, why the hell Coldfusion
> didn't build this under the hood to begin with I do not know. Then it
> wouldn't matter if you use cfqueryparam or not, there is nothing that this
> tag does that couldn't be done under the hood.

There is no way CF can guess the right datatypes to bind my function
arguments to when I call a polymorphic function in the database.

> I mean with all the filters that Coldfusion has from ajax to flex
> integration, one more filter for URL's would have been simple.

I haven't mentioned this before because I do believe that filtering
request URLs is the wrong approach, but I'll let you in on a little
secret: you can plug your filter regular expressions right into
neo-security.xml. No need to change anything in any application, you
just plug it in and enable the scriptprotect feature.

Jochem