Hmmm,

I believe IP spoofing is still a huge problem. I know little about it, so no
more comment on that but a quick google shows that it is still a huge
problem.

As for polymorphic functions, that is not the issue. SQL injection is mainly
passed via the URL, header or some form of post to the server. A filter can
be placed to introspect every request to check the URL for known SQL
injection attacks.

That would then remove the need to had extra overload for each query,
because the intail request would have already been checked. So if you where
to have a component with 20 queries, and have hits of around 1000 the cycles
to do SQL protection in the cfqueryparam would be reduce to one check and
not 20 * 1000, but 1000 only. Surely that increase in speed has to be worth
something? No?

As for what else cfqeuryparam offers, this can be handled by the cfquery
tag. After all ColdFusion has been using JDBC drivers for a long time, the
cfqueryparam was introduced in the days when ColdFusion was not built ontop
of Java. That means that the extra features that JDBC drivers introduce
(like pooling, binding etc.) can be taken care of under the hood. And with a
proper ORM, it would know what datatype you are requesting anyway.

But as I stated once before, Coldfusion 9 with hibernate native support
would elimante the SQL injection problem.

I can't vouch for php, .Net but at least in the Java world ORM reduces that
risk to nil. And its built into the ORM, so if the ORM can't work out your
polymorphic function in the database then how does it do it?

This thread was about SQL injection, and a more better response would be for
the CFML engine to intercept every request and reject anything that looks
remotely like a sql injection attack.

If you where in the Java, Grails world there is no such thing as
cfqueryparam. They do it under the hood, and there is no real reason that
Coldfusion can adopt the same.

How hard is that to understand?

--
Senior Coldfusion Developer