David,

As a stop gap while in full force you could use the ISAPI filtering
technique or apache rewrite. This wuold keep it from reaching CF. Of course
that still might mean changing for every site in your pool of sites. I have
a post on it... The comments are pretty useful as well:

http://www.coldfusionmuse.com/index.cfm/2008/8/8/isapi-rewrite-rule-prevents
-sql-injection

There are about 6 or 8 posts on the topic and links to many other blogs as
well.

If that doesn't work, I have dropped a blocker script into a few dozen
vulnerable sites - again as as stop gap. It is important to note that these
can only be considered a temporary fix.

-mark

Mark A. Kruger, CFG, MCSE
(402) 408-3733 ext 105