> I am new to the post, but I have been programming in CF for over 10 years and
> know some of you from the CF Forums.
>
> I am getting slammed with this crud as well on over 30 of my websites. Any
> suggestions as how to handle this for multuple sites on 1 server? I just
> discovered the >issue as it seems to be targeting multiple sites on my server.

What people have done:

1. Make sure the database login that CF is using does not have access
to the system tables. This particular attack queries the schema to
find tables and fields to attack.

2. Put in place some kind of url rewrite rules to catch the threat and
deal with it at that point

3. Put in place some ColdFusion code that checks all forms of user
input for malicious code and that deals with it appropriately

4. Start the daunting task of putting cfqueryparam where it wasn't
already (daunting for those who have inherited apps with thousands of
queries, none of which used it)

A scan of this thread should get you the info on the rewrites rules
and CF code that people have put forward.

HTH

Dominic