Sorry - I should have been more clear.  I'm not necessarily referring to an
object (variable) in a shared scope, though I want that to be an option.  I
also don't want to have to access a variable containing my CFC directly from a
shared scope inside of another CFC.

A very basic, quick example of what I would like to be able to do.  I have a
CFC called People.  That CFC has a couple of queries in it; one to get people
and another to update a person.  My Person CFC requires a Datasource object be
passed in via dependency injection to work.  I create a variable called called
MyDatasource on a .cfm page, I create a variable called MyPeeps, then I inject
MyDatasource into MyPeeps.  MyPeeps can get people from my database and update
a person in my database.

My cfgrid tag has these attributes:
bind="cfc:somepath.People.getData({cfgridpage},{cfgridpagesize},{cfgridsortcolumn},{cfgridsortdirection})"
onchange="cfc:somepath.People.editData({cfgridaction},{cfgridrow},{cfgridchanged})"

Instead of using "somepath.People", I'd like to use a variable I've created
containing my CFC (MyPeeps) instead of a path to a CFC.  Similar to what you
can do with a CFINOVOKE tag.

Like I said, I don't know if this is even possible...but I figured it couldn't
hurt to ask.  I don't know what goes on behind the scenes with CFGRID, so it
may just not work.  I can get it done without it....but that will require me to
split up files I didn't want to split up.  If I must, I must.