On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Doug Smidt <doug_smi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I do want to use a persisted CFC....but I want to use it on the spot, in the
> CFGRID tag.  I don't want to:
>
> 1) Do exactly what you stated is generally recommended against.  I don't want
> to be accessing a shared scope directly in a CFC.  I've taught others not to
> do it, and I'm not going to do it either.

But the fact is - many "Dont do X" rules have exceptions. This is one
of them. ColdSpring even provides for this out of the box (taking your
configured services and creating remote proxies for them). I don't
think your argument here is valid.

> I know what my options are, but you're not answering my question, which is
> simply this.  Is there any way I can use a variable in the bind attribute
> instead of a path to a CFC?

You can use a query in the HTML grid. If your CFC lets you get the
query object, just get it, and do query="#...#" in your cfgrid tag.

Raymond Camden, VP of Software Dev, Broadchoice

Email    : r...@camdenfamily.com
Blog      : www.coldfusionjedi.com
AOL IM : cfjedimaster

Keep up to date with the community: http://www.coldfusionbloggers.org