Morning Guys and Girls,

I'm running ColdFusion 8 Standard and SQL Server 2005 Workgroup edition. I'm
using The standard SQL Server driver that comes with CF8.

I'm having a strange performance issue with a particular query. When running
the query from SSMS it returns the dataset in less than a second, which I'm
more than happy with and kind of confirms that the query itself, the database
and the table indexes are all correct. However, when I run the same query from
a <cfquery> block it takes 8 minutes to return!?!!!?!

I also ran some tests where I would start the ColfFusion page request and then
jump into SSMS and run the query from there at the same time, the query
continued to return in less than a second in SSMS but still sat for upto 8
minutes before returning to CF.

There are a bunch of other queries on the page, all of which run exactly as I
would expect them too, just this one single query which is massively under
performing. I can confirm that this performance decrease is not caused by slow
rendering or anything as the 8 minute time is taken from the 'execution time'
of the query displayed in its <cfdump>.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this beef?

Cheers all,

Rob