I'm surprised

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 6:24 AM, David Long <d...@northgoods.com> wrote:

>[snip]
 After doing some shopping, I've found none of them are
> anxious to let me add my own DBs and Scheduled tasks or check logs,
> whatever.
>
> So I'll just keep on with CF5 and hoping nothing goes wrong.
>
> Dave
>[/snip]

I'm surprised you found this.   Few hosting providers will let you
have access to the CF Administrator on a shared server, but nearly all
of them give you the functionality if you want it.     For example, we
have functionality to let users create their own MySQL, MSSql or
Access databases and DSNs if they want,   scheduled tasks can be
created by developers without needing the CFAdministrator,  as can
Verity collections.    Nearly all shared hosting puts the logs into
the user's own web space so you can read them however you like, and CF
allows you to create your own logs any time you want as well.  Even
mappings can be added and deleted by developers without need for
access to the CFAdministrator (provided they're unique)

So yes it's true you can't get at the CF Administrator if you're
sharing (if you have a VPS you can have full console access so that's
different) but you can get the functionality you need.

--
Cheers
Mike Kear